DuluthGlides Segway Tours Policy
A Segway Tour is probably one of the safest and most fun activities you can do in this Covid-19 world since it is all outdoors, gliding along with a fresh breeze in your face. That is good medicine for us humans after “staying at home”.
However, in order to facilitate the safety of our guides and guests, a number of changes will be required to our traditional operation. The majority of our guides are in the high-risk group by virtue of age and age related health conditions and the interior of Duluth Glides shop is also overnight living quarters for our owners when in town to conduct tours. The following changes will take place effective immediately;
1. The interior of DuluthGlides will be restricted to employees only. No public bathroom facilities will be available. The first public bathrooms will be available about 20-30 minutes after the scheduled tour time as we pass by at the entrance to the Rose Garden. Please wait in your car until 10 minutes before the scheduled tour time and report to the registration table outside.
2. Each Guest will be required to view the Safety Video on the website and download, print, read and sign the liability release waiver prior to arriving and submit a copy to the guide at the registration table outside in order to participate.
3. Helmets and radio receivers/ear pieces will available at the registration table outside the main entrance door. All equipment provided by DuluthGlides used in a tour will be disinfected after each use and “quarantined” from further use for 72 hours to allow for additional natural disinfection prior to reuse. All guests will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to handling DuluthGlides equipment. Sanitizer will be provided.
4. All “touch points” on the Segway will be disinfected after each guest or employee’s use and before being touched by each new guest reporting for a tour. Disinfected Segways will be pre-positioned at the training start-point. Guests will be assigned a Segway and must only use the one assigned.
5. Due to the close contact of the guide and guest during the registration and training process,
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE MASKS DURING THE ENTIRE REGISTRATION, HELMET AND RADIO FITTING, ON-GROUND INTRO TRAINING, AND ON-MACHINE INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP TRAINING.
NO MASK WEARING = NO PARTICIPATION = NO REFUND = NO EXCEPTIONS!
Masks will NOT be provided. You must supply your own.
6. Once training has been completed, at the rider’s discretion, face masks may be removed as the tour leaves the facility since riders will be “social distanced” naturally while riding single file.
7. There are occasional stops along the tour route, and riders will be “parked” in clusters of family units, each family unit at least 6 feet from any other.
8. Tours will be generally limited to a maximum of 6 riders to help control the social distancing.
9. After the tour, riders will leave helmets, radios, earpieces and any other equipment provided on the registration table.
10. DuluthGlides reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has symptoms of Covid-19, or anyone who in the previous 14 days has been in contact with an infected Covid-19 person or a person who has symptoms of Covid-19 including temperature above 100 degrees, cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste or other flu like symptoms. Forehead temperature may be taken upon registration.
11. As additional information becomes available, management reserves the right to modify any Covid-19 Safety and Preparedness plans without notification of prior reservation holders. If concerned, refer to the website often for any updates.
Rev #3, 05/22/20