Segway to Glensheen Mansion Tour – $95
(This tour is subject to ticket availability at Glensheen Mansion. They take 18 people every 20 minutes. In the busy summer weekends it is not unusual that online ticket sales of 20 minute blocks of time are sold out. Purchasing these Segway Tour tickets well in advance increases the odds we can stay on our published schedule. We do not pre-publish a set tour schedule to Glensheen based on previous years demand. Call us at 218-750-0263 to inquire about this tour, guide availability and ticket availability at Glensheen for your selected date and time. If able, we will post your tour on the calendar of events. As soon as you buy a DuluthGlides Segway Tour to Glensheen, we purchase Glensheen tickets at our estimated time of arrival to keep both our tours on time. It is possible our optimum time slot has insufficient tickets available, but a nearby slot has enough. If there is a significant delay, the Segway tour time may be altered and we will notify you as soon as we know. We will not actually purchase Glensheen tickets until you have purchased with us, so delay after notification reduces our chance of acquiring Glensheen tickets at the time requested.)
DuluthGlides Segway Tours and the Glensheen Mansion Tours are the top two activities to do while in Duluth that will be sure to live on in your memory forever. Bundling them together for one price doubles the fun and excitement in half the time. Bring your Camera!
First, Glide effortlessly along a nearly 6 mile tour of Duluth’s East Lakewalk all the way out and back to the famous Glensheen Mansion located on the Historic Congdon Estate via your own Segway® Personal Transporter (PT). In addition to nearly 2 hours of pure excitement of riding the PT, enjoy the narrated tour pointing out the interesting history and facts about this great city and Lake Superior via your own wireless audio system.
Then enjoy the one hour guided walking tour of the first and second floor of the 39-room Congdon Mansion and 7 acres of extensive grounds. Experience the 1908-era opulence of one of Minnesota’s most influential and wealthy families. The stunning architecture, intact house collection and riveting story including a murder in the house offer a historic perspective of the entire Northland region. Restrooms and a gift shop are available at the Mansion.
On your 3-hour Segway Tour you will see:
- Rose Garden: One of the most beautiful and scenic areas in Duluth.
- Leif Erikson Park: Norwegians say Leif was here well before Columbus.
- Lakewalk East: Enjoy nearly 2 miles of the famous East Lakewalk with unparalleled views of the lake and harbor area both from the East and West and from high above the water. There will be stops for photos along the way.
- One Hour Tour of Glensheen: Our ticket price includes admission to the 7 acre grounds of the Congdon Estate and the standard narrated tour of the 36 room mansion ($15.00 value).
- Return Trip: On the return we will veer up into the last segment of the Experience Tour and see Duluth’s one and only Roundabout.
When it is cool we will provide gloves and a hot drink and fireplace to warm up with upon returning. From mid September to mid October enjoy the fall colors along the lakewalk portion of this tour.
Advance purchase required. Tours often sell out!
To book by phone 24/7 call: